9.6.10

I dreamed a dream

The camp of Midian was below us and in the middle of the night the Lord said to me, Get up, go down against the camp, because I am going to give it into your hands.  If you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with your servant Purah and listen to what they are saying.  Afterward, you will be encouraged to attack the camp.”  At this point with only 300 men I could use any encouragement I could get.  I took my servant Purah with me and we snuck into the enemies camp.  We quietly made our ways among the tents and camels without being seen.  It wasn’t very enoucraging at first.  I couldn’t even begin to count the camels or the people.  They were thick like locusts.  There were so many people in that one space.  I happened to come upon a ten just as a man was telling his dream he had a dream that a round loaf of barley bread came tumbling into the Midinaite camp.  It struck the tent with such force that the tent overturned and collapsed.  His friend responded this can be nothing more than the sword of Gideon son of Joash the Israelite.  God has given the Midianites and the whole camp into his hands.  When I heard the dream and the interpretation I knew what I had to do.  I couldn’t waste any time.  It was time for battle.    

No comments:

Post a Comment