10.6.10

A Sword For The Lord...

I got back to the camp as fast as I could and cried out to the men, “Get up! The Lord has given the Midianite camp into your hands.” I divided the camp up into three companies I gave each man a trumpet and an empty jar with a torch inside.  I told them all to watch me and follow my lead. “When we get to the edge of camp do exactly as I do.  When I and all who are with me blow our trumpets, then from all around the camp blow yours and shout, For the Lord and for Gideon.”  So we all reached the edge of camp just at the beginning of the middle watch, just after they had changed the guard.  We blew our trumpets and broke our jars.  We grabbed the torches in our left hands and holding our trumpets in our right hand we shouted, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!”  We all held our position around the camp and the Midianites were thrown into a panic.  They didn’t know what to do and they turned their swords on each other and began killing their own men.  The army survivors fled to Beth Shittah toward Zereraha as far as the border of Abel Mehoahla near Tabbath.  Israelites from Naphtali, Asher, and Manasseh were summoned and they pursued the Midianites.  We sent messengers down the Ephraim telling them to seize the waters of the Jordan.  They seized it ahead of them as far as Beth Barah and they captured two Midianite leaders Zeeb and Oreb.  They killed Oreb at the rock and Zeeb at the winepress and brought their heads to me at the Jordan River.         

No comments:

Post a Comment