20.5.10

Fire On A Rock

So I prepared this sacrifice that I was going to make and I figured this would be a normal sacrifice nothing strange or special would come of it.  Boy was I wrong.   I prepared a young goat and with an ephah of flour I made bread without yeast.  I put it all in a basket and took it back to brought to the man while he sitting under the oak tree.  He told me to take the meat and the unleavened bread and put it on a rock and to pour the broth over it so I did.  Then with tip of his staff that was in his hand this man touched the meat and unleavened bread and FIRE flared up from the rock! It consumed both the meat and the bread!  Then this man (obviously an angel of the Lord) disappeared!  I immediately fell face down and exclaimed. “Ah, Sovereign Lord!  I have seen the Angel of the Lord face to face!”  But the Lord said to me, “Peace! Do not be afraid.  You are not going to die.”  I was extremely relieved and it suddenly became apparent that God had actually called me to save Israel from the Hand of the Midianites.  So, I immediately built and altar to the Lord there and called it The Lord is peace.  This is a very daunting task.  I know I’m going to need some serious help from the Lord to make sure this is done right and we get the victory.    

No comments:

Post a Comment