22.5.10

My Name Is...

Apparently I have a new name now.  It really wasn’t my choice but the men of this city thought it was a fitting nickname for me.   This is what happened.   In the morning when the men of the town got up and saw that Baal’s altar was demolished they asked who had done this and after a little investigative work realized it was me.  They told my Dad (Joash) to bring me out because I should die for breaking down Baal’s altar and I cut down the Asherah pole.  My Dad replied to this hostile mob,”Are you going to plead Baal’s cause?  Are you trying to save him?  Whoever fights for him shall be put to death by morning!  If Baal really is a god, he can defend himself when someone breaks down his altar.”  What he said makes sense why would these people want to worship a god that can’t stop a person form breaking down his altar.  If Baal had any power he would have found a way to stop me or struck me dead for breaking down his altar.  It just shows how powerless he really is.  So form that day on everyone is calling me Jerub-Baal which means “Let Baal contend with him.”  This is all because I broke down his altar.  I say it’s totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment